United Faculty and Staff (UFAS) calls on the University of Wisconsin–Madison and UW System to:
1) Require all students, faculty, and staff who will be on campus to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
2) Continue to require masking and social distancing.
3) Continue to require frequent testing among unvaccinated staff, students, and faculty and implement randomized testing among all staff, students, and faculty, regardless of vaccination status.
4) Utilize best practices for improved ventilation.
5) Institute a more flexible policy on remote or hybrid teaching modalities for all faculty, instructional academic staff, and graduate instructors.
6) Increase investments in UW–Madison’s mental healthcare resources to address the mental health challenges accompanying a year and a half of death, illness, and disruption.
7) Allow for broad flexibility in remote work arrangements for all campus workers.