Support Types: research/outreach projects; assistance with member’s legal fees
Budget: up to $5000. Note that awards are made directly to individuals or organizations.
Process: submit a 1-2 page proposal as described in this pdf, followed by a short interview for the finalists (see attachment for details).
Timeline for assistance with member’s legal fees: ongoing
Timeline for research/outreach projects:
- Submission by: February 1, 2023
- First round evaluation by: March 1
- Presentations: Week of March 15
- Final determination: March 31
Subsequent rounds of proposals will follow.
Funding Priorities (in no particular order of importance):
- Support of shared governance at UW-Madison
- Ensure equality under due process at UW-Madison
- Promote labor and employment rights of faculty and staff at UW-Madison
- Promote diversity, equity and inclusion in employment at the UW-Madison
- Legal counsel for individuals or groups of individuals at UW-Madison
WUU is an independent association of faculty and academic staff at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. We promote the values of our members in the activity and organization of this campus. Our core values reflect a commitment to democracy – an order of free and equal persons who determine the conditions of their own association. WUU has a long history of supporting University faculty and staff members who find themselves in conflict with their employer.